Saturday, January 20, 2007

Little mizz sassy

In general Grace is pretty good. Pretty even-tempered and reasonable. Not lately. She has really started to get sooo sassy. Not only is it trying my patience it's making me ANGRY! I know I have told some of you the story about how she got really mad at me for not getting her an icee, throwing a monumental fit and then rushing inside to then LOCK ME OUT OF THE HOUSE. Well, sort of. She locked the screen door while I was carrying a bagillion grocery bags. Whoa. I was beyond steamed. She got a 5 minute time out and a serious explanation about safety. Now, here is my problem. Is there a better discipline method for 5 year olds? She only gets really mad when we tell her "no" or "not right now". I have told her thousands of times that she does not always get what she wants, I try to remain calm etc etc. I think I may not be being consistent. Tonight I had a little talk with her that we have a new house rule: no more sassy talk and if she continues she will be sitting in time out. It's just so hard because after her little outbursts she feels really bad and shows extreme remorse. Until the next time she doesn't get her way. I know she's just plain spoiled, bottom line. This frustrates me because I don't always let her have her way, but she seems so damn bratty!!!!!! I guess we'll just have to see how the house rule goes...

4 comments:

brooke said...

I feel for you! Oliver is Mr. Sassy. Not so much fun huh? Poor Grace on the sledding incident, it's terrifying when they get hurt~ Come to Vegas. repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.

The Mossmans said...

I feel like Cate is timeout for hours some days. It's so hard to stay consistent, especially when they start crying and apologizing. I think you're on the right path and it's probably just a phase. At least that's what I tell myself to get through the day! :)

Anonymous said...

I know we've talked about this, but Charlie is being awful too- this seems so different from when they were younger because suddenly they have this disrespectful tone, and the hateful teenage faces- it's a killer. Everyone assures me it's a phase that will ease up after a while and then return at the pre-teen stage. YEAH! -Camille

ginny said...

damn girls, these are some reallly long phases, no?