Friday, December 01, 2006

Things I hate about snow

Let me start off by saying that I am really not that negative (I'm sure the hubby would disagree) but there are certain things that just piss me off during this kind of weather.
1.) No school. Ok, this is a no brainer here. Our kids get serious cabin fever and if you have a 5 year old like mine (which no one does) this gives her unlimited time for "let's pretend" type games. I absolutely loathe these kind of games. Here is an example of this type of fun.
"Mom, I'm gonna be this really pretty barbie and you can be the really ugly one."
"Grace! She's not really ugly (as far as I know they haven't made the pig-face looking barbie yet)."
"OK! let's pretend that your barbie won't clean her room and the daddy gets really mad at her and she gets in a lot of trouble and then my barbie cleans her room spic-and-span (actual words here) and the daddy lets her have ice cream."
So, you see where this is going, my barbie is the stupid, shitty one and hers is the angel. Weird, I know. No, but really, private schools should NEVER be closed in my opinion. We pay enough GD money to make our own informed decision as to when it is safe to drive our adorable tots (2 freaking blocks) to school. You're not comfortable driving, good, you choose not to send your kids. Period.
2.) The fucking weathermen. Ok, seriously, do we have to watch the same shit over and over and over and over and NOT broadcast the Today Show. Really. We know. It's cold, it's icy and no one should drive. And just in case we don't get it, the wonderful ticker on the top telling us that EVERYLIVINGTHINGINTHESTATEOFOKLAHOMAISCLOSED!!!!!!!! No shit. It's the first storm of the season, everything is closed at least one day.
3.) Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Here's to cabin fever, people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know she honed her "let's pretend" skills at DaddyDad's. He'll play that crap for hours with her. Same deal – she's the perfect one, he gets to be the idiot/abused/inferior one. He plays it well too I must say. lol
Bubs

Anonymous said...

LEPRETEN! LOVE IT! I've heard enough of that to last a lifetime!

and I am with you on the effin weathermen and their huge erections when the weather is a little bad-SHUTUP already we're not idiots!

ginny said...

bubby, no kidding, I know dad is the one to teach her about the smart/stupid game. He plays Clifford, the big Stupid dog and she plays herself, the genious girl! and Ash- I know you and Chris have heard your fair share of "lepreten!" so you can feel my pain.

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the cabin fever- I was having some seriously ugly thoughts about all the snow- I couldn't enjoy it at all. Didn't help that Shannon worked about 18 hrs. a day doing snow removal( enough about him, poor me :) ) -Camille