Saturday, June 17, 2006

me+hubs+2kids+2 airplanes=very low expectations

Yes, it's true. We are going on our annual vacation this Tuesday. We are going to San Diego to visit my bestest friend and enjoy the amazing weather and unbelievable sites. While I know we are going to have fun I also know that getting there is such a pain in the ass. Not to mention the 2 hour time difference that puts Sydney waking up in the morning at 5am. wow. And she doesn't watch t.v. yet. double wow. We never took any far away vacations when Grace was a baby so I have very low expectations for this one. Anyone have any ideas? She'll be ready for her morning nap before the sun rises. Sheesh! Someone pray for me.

So, with that being said, I will not be posting this week. I am sure everyone is bawling right now thinking about that one. Sorry. But you know I'll have some interesting fodder for the next post. Y'all take care now, ya here.

On a small side note, tomorrow would have been my mom's 64th birthday, so we decided to celebrate that by going to Woodward! Probably her least favorite place in the whole world. My grandad (dad's dad) and uncle live there and we are going to have a gay 'ole time. Yippee for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keithclan said...

Have a great trip! Best of luck with the sleeping!

Anonymous said...

I know you're seeing Radiohead this weekend- OMG, I'm so jealous! Have Fun!!!- Camille

ashli said...

I feel for you on the time change thing, it SUCKS! But I don't even want to hear about how flying sucks, holy shit, a total of over 24 hours in car, well I have pretty much have you beat!

Anonymous said...

Alright, hen, time for you to get back in town so we're all happily nesting and roosting again. Can't wait to hear about it. -Camille